Selectrugs - Wrong rug sent

1.7
Style and Design

I was sent the incorrect rug called this company sent pics the admitted they sent the wrong rug and I have been given such a run around by them it took days for them to answer. I asked for a discount on the rug they sent I was offered 25% which was too low for the aggravation that I have been thru .

It was easier getting the discount since it was too heavy for me to send it back by myself.

I am told every day that they will have an answer tomorrow and I’m still waiting for a resolution that should have been taken care of in a day. I would tell anyone who wants to buy from them to run!!!!

Review about: Rug.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Selectrugs - NO return shipping

To spare others from having my experience, here is the letter I'm sending to customer service: Selectrugs.com 890 W Elliot Rd Suite 102 Gilbert, AZ 85233 ref: 2186935 Dear Customer Service: In reference to my resent order I just wanted to let those in charge know how disappointed I was to have to bare the cost of return shipping of $70 for two rugs. The photos on line were nothing like what was shipped.

My husband couldn’t believe how the rugs didn’t look like the photo on line and he is the most unobservant person I know. I sent pictures to customer service and asked them to consider the difference in the photo to the actual rugs. I asked them to do the right thing and refund my shipping expenses as well but they only refunded me my original purchase. I understand the different monitors argument, but when it is nothing like the photo something should be done to remedy this injustice.

You offer a 30 day trial but expect the customer to bare the cost of return shipping?? At the very least I will never buy a rug on line again. However, I have purchased 4 other rugs on two separate occasions on line and never had an issue. I guess the 3rd time is the charm.

I will also be telling all of my friends about my experience with selectrugs.com to help them avoid this unfortunate, expensive mistake. I will use social media and any other means I can to help them avoid this disaster. You had an opportunity to remedy this but chose to take a different route.

So be it. Disappointed customer,

Review about: Oriental Weavers.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Charge return shipping.

Selectrugs - Poor Quality terrible customer service.

Paris, Tennessee 0 comments

Bought 2 rugs in July and August of 2015. Had about 6 months starting seeing white places all along the edges.

Called Select Rug was told to send pictures which I did. This was all before the year of my order was up. Was told I must have used a beater brush. Sent email said I never used beater brush.

Then I was told it had been over a year of my oder which it was not. These rugs look horrible now, should have just thrown the money away.

Terrible customer service they don't care about customer unless you are buying . Be smart don't shop with this company unless you want to be ripped off.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $773. The author is overall dissatisfied with Selectrugs. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Selectrugs.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Furniture and Decor category for more informed decision or compare Selectrugs to other companies on our site.

SELECTRUGS.COM INEPT!

West Point, Georgia 0 comments

I ordered 5 rugs from their website Heritage 528B collection on April 29th. On May 2nd they emailed a reply to my inquiry as to any back-orders.

None. Well today just one of the five rugs shows up and it is a different style and color from their photos on Selectrugs.com site. I asked why they told me all in stock 5 days ago and then tell me all backordered except the one they sent (THE WRONG ONE!) I filled out the form for a "return authorization" asked for a refund and a follow-up call from a Manager.

So far no response! Steve Garner

Review about: Luxehold Pad.

Selectrugs - Charged but never delivered the goods

New York City, New York 0 comments

I had ordered a rug from Selectrugs.com. My american express card statement shows that I was charged the same day.

When I didn't receive any communication from them, nor a rug after 2 weeks, I called. I was told I would be emailed with a status. Never got that. Once again I tried finding out where my rug was but this time, I selected an online chat.

I was informed that my rug was on backorder for 4-6 months. There was no offer to cancel or defer payment until the rug was shipped. When I demanded that the refund my money they told me it would take 48 hours. This site feels like a scam.

Who charges and doesn't deliver for 6 months? DON'T ORDER HERE!

Selectrugs - SENT WRONG RUGS NO MY ORDER

Cleveland, Ohio 0 comments

SELECT RUGS SENT ME 2 BEIGE RUGS - I ORDERED 2 BLUE RUGS - WHEN CALLING THEM THE WAIT TIME WAS TOO LONG FOR ME TO HOLD - FINALLY WAS ABLE TO HOLD ON SATURDAY MORNING - TO NO AVAIL - I AM STUCK WITH 2 BEIGE RUGS - DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM BEFORE YOU TRY TO CALL THEM NOT TO PLACE AN ORDER BUT TO TRY TO REACH CUSTOMER SERVICE - NO SUCH THING WITH SELECT RUGS - it would take more time than i have to try to correct their mistake - pictures - meet someone to have the rugs picked up - JUST STUCK WITH 2 RUGS - NOT THE ONES I ORDERED

Selectrugs - Slow or no delivery

Lincoln University, Pennsylvania 1 comment

Ordered my rug and free pad on Dec. 26th,2012.

Promise from select rugs.com is to deliver in 5-10 business days. No one ever contacted me thru the 10 day window...by the way they "immediately" charged my credit card. So I began "trying" to contact them via phone, on line chat and company email. Answers were inconclusive and always the same...we'll call manufacturer and get back to you in 24-48 hrs.

They never get back to you and that clock keeps starting all over everytime you make contact. Finally got rug after a month and still waiting and calling for "free" pad.

These guys stink at their job. I did not do my homework...research on line about company...my mistake.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States #605513

This company is the worst! Placed my order on December 30, 2012.

They sent email that it's on backorder I should receive it within 15-30 days. Today is February 7, 2013 and they can't tell me when I will get my order. My credit card was charged immediately and still NO rug. You can never reach them by phone.

They put on music and you hold forever and no one ever picks up.

Placed cancelation by email and chat and no response. I had to file a dispute with my credit card company.

This company is a total RIP OFF.

Selectrugs - Deceptive ad, wouldn't honor, left add run.

Schaumburg, Illinois 1 comment

Ad on selectrugs.com states at the top, "Clearance sale...up to 75% off select rugs." Scroll down to the rug I want it has "Clearance" written across. Click on rug and there is an ad that says," take an extra 40% off our price today.

Just enter code Sail40 at checkout." When you select the rug to your cart it doesn't give you the price that clearly says, "OUR PRICE" it gives you a higher price and then takes the fourty percent off. That is not what the ad says. It clearly shows OUR PRICE. And the ad states an extra 40% off at checkout.

After three phone calls and one complaint submitted on line I finally talked to a Supervisor who again would call me back. This time she did but offered me nothing. Sorry that is not what we meant! She admitted there had been several other complaints yet they let the ad run all weekend and as of today..Tues.

Oct. 9th it is still running. Very poor customer service.

I had been promised during the first phone call they would honor the extra 40%, yet later denied this. I am PISSED.

Review about: Area Rugs.

Comments

I was contacted by the VP of operations stating he would like to discuss my complaint. I told him at this point I don't think the problem can be resolved.

Unless he sends me a message stating he will honor the add that was printed I have no intention of giving this company a dollar of my money after the *** customer service I got. It's a little too late to now play "Let's make a deal". I shouldn't have to go to these lengths to get resonable customer service from a company when they were the ones at fault.

Which by the way still wasn't acknowledged by the company. I still believe the add was deceptively printed on purpose.

SelectRugs is a Total Ripoff

Richardson, Texas 3 comments

Update by user Aug 15, 2012

Select Rugs has sent me the missing items and made the order complete. I appreciate the prompt response from customer service in this matter.

I have received what I had paid for. I think we had a miscommunication in the beginning but Select Rugs came through and I\'m a satisfied customer.

Original review posted by user Aug 06, 2012

A Total Rip off!! They don't send the products ordered, and the customer service is terrible.

I've tried to settle an issue over an order that did not arrive and they refuse to send the item that was paid for. I have a tracking number but that doesn't do many good when only 2 of the 3 items were sent. I would run, not walk away from Select Rugs. I had spent 1600 dollars in 2 separate orders with them and haven't gotten some of the items.

I would call this fraud! There are too many great online sellers that back their orders to mess with retailers like this.

Review about: Luxehold Pad.

Lincoln University, Pennsylvania, United States #602220

You should not be remorseful for their lack of performance or inconsiderate performance. It's not that hard to pick up the phone or email...they have all this info, so it's their job to keep you posted about the status of your order until complete. And to do it in a very timely manner...not after a reasonable time or after they see you posted a derogatory review!

beckerdallas

Actually, I was just getting ready to post a follow up. A customer service rep contacted me by email recently and sent me the missing item to make the order complete.

I have now received everything I had paid for.

If I could figure out how to revise the review, I would. I appreciate your follow through in this matter.

Ann,

Our records indicate that all products for both orders have been delivered and were signed for by ABECKER.

If you are missing any item on any order, please contact me directly, and I will be happy to investigate and quickly resolve. Our package tracer indicates that all items have been delivered, per our recent conversation.

We appreciate you shopping with Selectrugs.com.

Best regards,

Sean B. Ardry,

Customer Care Manager,Selectshops.com

480-302-5113

sean.ardry@selectshops.com

Selectrugs.com

Mount Laurel, New Jersey 0 comments

EASY RETURN POLICY??? NOT!!!!!

Don't expect a prompt refund for any returns! I shipped back a rug in early January and only received my credit recently (April 13th)!! This is only after emailing and calling the company numerous times and providing all my shipping and UPS receipts etc. (Thankfully I kept them!).

In early March, they told me the credit would be issued and to expect to see it on my statement within a week or so. It took another call and another month.

BE AWARE!! THEY HAPPILY TAKE YOUR RUG RETURN, THEY JUST MAY NOT RETURN YOUR MONEY!!!